I help organizations integrate new insights and work with changing times.
My programs are a container for a cohort to grow together into peer-supported transformative change.
How your organization or team can benefit from a Learning Chrysalis program:
- You have a sense of untapped potential and high aspiration
- The team needs to integrate the implications of new insights
- Your group's diversity holds unexplored growth opportunities
- Members are curious to learn about themselves and one another
- There is a need to respond to shifts in the larger context
A Learning Chrysalis provides a new pattern of working together that is explicitly about transformation, and develops capacity through strengthening relationships and listening via Learning Missions.
A sample Learning Chrysalis journey
- 2-4 weeks: Preparation
- Research and cultural immersion, developing Learning Missions, designing journey, briefing cohort
- 6-8 weeks: Learning Journey
- Kickoff session, initial pairups, in person or via online video
- Weekly release of new Learning Missions
- New pairings released every 2-3 weeks
- Online video emergence session to harvest learnings
What are Learning Missions like?
We use the basic principle of structured reciprocity that facilitates deep listening, achieved through elements like:
- Short 20-30 minute frame
- Clear roles designated for each person in pair/trio
- Catalyzing question, frame, or stimulus
- Timed A/B sharing
- Timed silence for individual reflection
- Timed sharing back/reflections
- Suggested probes/ways to deepen dialogue
- Structured appreciation of each person's contribution
How I (Mitra) can support a Learning Chrysalis process for your group:
- Developing peer-to-peer learning formats (Learning Missions) relevant to your community's context
- Supporting you in building a cohort in an intentional way through heart-centered invitations
- Crafting a frame and horizon for the experience that allows it to be easily incorporated into busy lives
- Designing a strategy for peer-pairs and triads to maximize learning through both resonance and dissonance
- Creating usable, convenient shared spaces that make the learning chrysalis experience visible to the cohort
- Facilitating an opening session to orient the cohort and establish agreements that support safety, learning and growth
- Improvising and responding to the cohort's needs and allowing organic rhythms (partner shifts, group convenings) to emerge
- Facilitating an emergence session, dissolving the learning chrysalis, and supporting the transition beyond
Who I work with
I work with groups, networks, teams, and communities that are dedicated to developing health & care, learning & education, socially conscious business, participatory & embodied arts, and connection with nature.
I work with content developers seeking to multiply their impact by facilitating peer-to-peer learning, including: researchers, writers, experts, and teachers.
Here are some of the learning chrysalises I am developing currently:
- Researchers who want their insights to come to life and fuel transformative change [See SlideShare]
- A writing team seeking to catalyze community around a new paradigm of health and wellness
- A network of changemakers dedicated to incubating cultural change through working consciously with complex systems
- A group of educators interested in catalyzing new paradigms in learning
- Cohorts dedicated to learning, and supporting one another in learning, Argentine Tango dance